With the service scheduled to take place in the Hallam Hall of the iconic building, he expected it to have the full capacity of 56 in terms of capacity during the ceremony, rather than the 30 to which it had been limited under the previous restrictions.
But now he claims he’s been told his service on July 22 can only number 30 people – because the board has yet to do a risk assessment.
He said: “After July 19, we assumed that the numbers we might have would be lifted.
“But when I contacted them about it, they just told me that they haven’t made a decision yet.
“There are a lot of people in the same situation as I am on this. I’ve talked to them and they’re still waiting for the people upstairs to make the decision to do the risk assessment.
“I don’t understand why these risk assessments weren’t done on July 12 when we knew the restrictions were going to be lifted.
“I thought that a public organization like the council would have been one of the first to organize on something like this.
“I’m really disappointed because we thought we would be relaxed at this point and look forward to our big day.”
Paul, 36, from Heeley, was originally scheduled to marry his 12-year-old partner, who did not want to be named in the story, in July 2020, but the couple pushed him back due to restrictions that were still in place. in place last time. summer.
He said the couple had to cut their guest list to 30 for the service. He said those they invited had been very understanding and looked forward to seeing them after the service.
Paul said he also asked his MP to review the situation.
Sheffield Council has been contacted for comment.